Hey everyone! It’s Friday and luckily I don’t have school today. Thank god for days off. Although I am a little bit sick, I still have LOTS planned for today, and squeezing in a blog post is on the top of my list. SO, today I am going to be doing another round of the Unique Blogger Award. I was recently tagged by Phannie The Ginger Bookworm to do this, and I am so excited. Phannie’s blog is amazing and I definitely recommend checking it out if you haven’t already. Now, let’s get straight into this!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.
Now, on to the questions…
- What is your favourite fictional place?
There are way too many to choose! I would go with the basic bookworm answer of Hogwarts, but I really don’t know enough about it. I think I am going to go with Celaena’s apartment from the Throne of Glass series. It always sounded super cozy and always wanted to just travel through the pages of my book and be there.
- What kind of music do you listen to while trying to relax?
Is calming music an answer? I usually turn on both of The Fray’s first two albums. They are my favorite band, and I always find that the first two albums are a bit more calmer. My favorite songs on those albums to listen to when I need to relax are Heaven Forbid, We Build Then We Break and Look After You.
- What is the last movie you’ve seen at the cinema? Did you like it?
You guys are all going to laugh at me when I tell you this answer. The last movie I saw in theaters was The 5th Wave, back in February 2016. I really don’t go to the theaters often. It was an okay movie. Not amazing, but definitely a decent adaptation.
- What is your most re-read book?
- What are some blogs that inspire you and/or motivate you to blog?
- What was your least favorite book you read in 2017?
And, that’s it for today’s post! Nothing too long for today. Quick, easy and simple. I hope you all enjoyed today’s post, and I hope that all of the nominees have fun with the award. Did you agree with me with any of my answers? Definitely comment some of your thoughts! Also, be sure to like and follow to stay up to date with all of my future posts!
Hello, Hello Hello! Are you all ready for today’s extremely long post? I’ve been pushing my Sunshine Blogger Award posts back for way too long that when I found my most recent nomination (yesterday), I gave in. It’s about time.
I am extremely honored to have received nominations from Alex’s Charming Books, The Books Are Everywhere and The Cursed Books! All of your blogs are amazing and I definitely recommend checking them all out.
How does it work…
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
Now, let’s get straight into Alex’s questions:
- What is your favorite social media site?
Definitely Instagram! I love looking through everyone’s pictures and seeing what the world is up to!
- What is your favorite memory?
There are too many to answer :0
- Are you good at dancing, or are you more like me?
I am literally the worst dancer to ever walk this earth. I’m not horrible at Just Dance, but other than that, I am an epic failure when it comes to dancing.
- Have you ever written fanfiction?
Nope and I don’t read it either!
- What is your favorite breakfast beverage?
Usually coffee! It really wakes me up in the mornings and gets me started for my day ahead.
- What color are your eyes?
They are a dark blue-grey. I find that they actually change colours everyday. Sometimes they just end up being more of one colour than the other.
- Would you rather be in the actual Hunger Games, or be an Orc is Sauron’s army during The Return of the King?
The Hunger Games since I don’t know what the other one is.
- Grape or strawberry jelly?
Strawberry. I’ve never actually tried grape jelly.
- What is your opinion on jellyfish?
They’re cool, I guess.
- Are you a day person, or more of a night owl?
I would say that I am a mix of both. It really depends on the day. I’m one of those people that likes to make the most of both times. For instance, on weekends, I have a tendency to go to sleep at midnight (not too late, not too early), and wake up around 8 am. I find that I get as much done as I possibly can with this.
- Kili or Fili?
I don’t know what this means. Sorry!
Now, let’s get straight into Beth’s questions:
- Show us a book cover you love.
Can’t really put a picture since it would mess up the format of this post. But, I absolutely LOVE the cover of These Broken Stars by Meagan Spooner and Amie Kaufman! If you haven’t seen it before, you MUST CLICK HERE to check it out!
- Which song do you relate to your favourite book?
Okay, well my favorite book is Jennifer L. Armentrout and somehow, I am constantly finding new songs for this book. Just the lyrics have a tendency to relate to it. I don’t have one in mind at the moment, but one will probably flood into my mind the moment I post this.
- What do you do when you’re in a reading slump?
I love re-reading my favorite books. My go to’s are the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Wendy Higgins’s Sweet trilogy.
- What’s the longest book you’ve read so far this year?
According to Goodreads, the longest book I read this year was City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare.
- Which popular book do you dislike?
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I have more of a love-hate relationship with this book since I absolutely adored the characters, but I was unable to enjoy the writing and plot.
- What do you like to do other than reading?
Well, BLOG! Obviously. But, I also really love hanging out with friends, working out and shopping. I know, a really weird mix for a book nerd,
- What’s your favourite season and why?
Autumn. I love how the leaves change colours and tumble off the trees in a blur of gold and auburn. I love how the temperature is chilly enough to wear knitted sweaters and jeans. I love being able to curl up in a pile of blankets and spend the day reading. But most of all, I love being able to sip pumpkin spice lattes.
- Name your perfect snack/drink for while you’re reading.
Anything that won’t make a mess! I usually have a coffee and something sweet.
- You have a plane to catch – which book did you read in one setting?
Tough question since I NEVER read books in one sitting. But the last book that I read within a few hours was Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon.
- Name a book you want to read before the end of the year.
Hands down, If There’s No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It was on my birthday wishlist, and my birthday is coming up super soon so I am hoping to get a copy of it. I Cannot wait to dive into another JLA contemporary!
- Fall is approaching – what’s your favourite fall read?
Some of my past favorites have been Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick and A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.
Now, let’s get straight into Marty’s questions:
- What is the most beautiful book cover you’ve ever seen?
Once again, I have to go with These Broken Stars by Meagan Spooner and Amie Kaufman. This covers is absolutely stunning! If you would like to check it out, you can click here!
- What is your favourite quote?
I hate this one because I have so many favorites. But, “You could rattle the stars. You could do anything if only you dared,” by Sarah J. Maas has always stuck with me.
- What are some of your favourite bands/singers?
The Fray is my all-time favorite band EVER! They are so good, and I definitely recommend listening to them if you haven’t. I also am really loving Lorde’s Melodrama album.
- What is your most hated book trope?
I don’t know if this counts as a trope, but I hate when authors write “I let out a breath that I didn’t know I was holding.” It happens way too much in YA.
- Any favourite hobbies besides reading?
As said above, I enjoy working out, blogging and shopping.
- A book that you absolutely hated and everyone else loved it?
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray.
- On what social media platform do you spend most of your time?
Probably Snapchat. I spend WAY too much time looking through stories and sending stupid pictures.
- What do you like the most about blogging?
I love expressing my love of books! It’s so much fun being able to type up a post about something you love and then communicate with other people who share your love of books.
- Who is your favourite female character? (you can pick more than one)
Katy Swartz. Aelin Ashryver Galathynius. Amren. Mor. Dee Black. Emma Carstairs. Livvy Blackthorn. AND MANY MORE.
- What underrated book you’d want everyone to read?
Umm, did I mention that I love Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
- Your top five favourite authors.
Jennifer L. Armentrout. Wendy Higgins. Sarah J. Maas. Cassandra Clare. Morgan Matson.
And now for my nominations…
Enchanted Readers | Dreamland Book Blog | Chapters We Love | A Book Without End | The Literary Huntress | My Eclectic Reads | Book Princess Reviews | Breeny’s Books | The Book Cover Girls | I Am A Geeking Ginger | Gryffindor Books | Books & Munches
And finally, here are my questions…
- What author is your biggest influence?
- Who is your #1 book boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Have you ever read any school books that you loved? If so, which ones?
- When did you get into reading?
- What was one of the first books that got you into reading?
- Do you loan out your books? If so, do you have any rules?
- Is there a certain time of day that you read at everyday?
- What was the last book you finished?
- Did you set a reading goal for 2017? How is it going?
- Are there any books that you plan on reading before the end of 2017?
- What motivates you to blog?
And that is it! It was a super long post, but I am really happy that I got to it! All of my nominators had such an amazing questions! And for the nominees, I hope you all enjoy answering my questions? Be sure to like, comment and follow my blog to stay up to date with all of my future posts!